Austin is one of the best cities in America for access to public charging, and that means you'll be able to ride around town without range anxiety.
Check out the city from a different point of view - from a Vespa Elettrica!
1. Enjoy the parks: Pease Park, Butler Metro Park, Zilker Park, or check out the awesome new Waterloo Greenway park system downtown. These are great places to chill out and have a picnic.
2. Check out some of the best coffee houses in the city and have a cup o’ Joe while recharging YOUR energy. Mozart’s on the lake, Merit Coffee near Electric Drive, or Flat Track on East Cesar to name a few.
3. Check some environmentally-friendly shops. In Austin, the strong focus on sustainability is also impacting the fashion scene. Here are some brands with incredibly thoughtful, environmentally conscious approaches to apparel and accessories.
- Miranda Bennett Studio: Born in Austin, Miranda Bennett is a brand that uses plant-based materials and dyes to create and color their clothing. In 2016, they started an inspiring zero-waste program where they recycle all the unused materials left over in the making of their clothing.
- Vada Jewelry: Vada, a jewelry shop in Austin, uses recycled, sustainably-sourced materials to build their creative designs into unique, one-of-a-kind pieces.
- Marine Layer: Marine Layer produces “tees from trees”. They use recycled beechwood pulp to create their beautiful, brightly-colored shirts, dresses, skirts, and more.
4. With a Vespa Elettrica, you’ll save time, money, and the environment simultaneously. And you can charge your little electric friend anywhere, including at your home. A full charge takes 4 hours. You can also charge it at public charging stations.
5. You don't need a motorcycle driver's license to drive a scooter in Austin, which will save you time and hassle.